16.1.05

Openness


[Herbie] Hancock has described in many interviews how he once played a completely «wrong» chord in the middle of one of Mile’s solos. Cringing with embarrassment, Hancock heard Miles instantly change his notes, to make Hancock’s chord sound «right».

My mouth dropped” Hancock commented “I was so stunned; I couldn’t play for a few minutes. I just let the music go by. But Miles didn’t even look at me. He just carried on. He didn’t hear what I’d done as «wrong». He just heard as part of the reality of the present moment, a reality he could shape any way he wanted to. It illustrated the kind of openness that he had towards anything that happened


Miles Beyond, Paul Tingen
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger hfm said...

Não conhecia e gostei do que li por aqui.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Sacha said...

agradeço as palavras, em nome dos 3 do Abre.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home